Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Caring v. Indifference

In the newsroom, there is a white board that had characterizations of each newsroom member. It was cute. Recently, several people were erased from the board. Unfortunately, of those erased, there was no consistent pattern in those who were erased. Whomever committed the act was either smart, drunk or something else. The original artist, someone whom I have little carence for, erased the whole board, put new names up with a small drawings attached that represented something consistent with them.

AS I walked in and looked upon the board, I thought it was rather clever. Then I noticed that of everyone's name, mine wasn't up there. I know some people thought it was me, but I hadn't gone to school Monday and was only on campus for classes Tuesday then home again.

This has created a conundrum. On one hand, I want to point out how stupid and immature it is to single me out without any proof that I erased the drawings. I would also like to call out how the artist, who once gave me a ridiculous amount of unwarranted crap for drawing a Sickel and Hammer to help remind myself of something, on the fact that the artist draw a very detaild S&H on one of the names.

On the other hand, if I am to ignore those people who are annoying me, actually treating them like they deserve to be treated, rather then being two-faced like they are and faking friendship and talking shit behind their back. Caring about the drawing would go back on my goal if ignorance and indifference.

Forunatly, there are good people on the San Matean who plan to put my name on the board. Its those people whom I really appreciate their friendship and care. Those people who are not two-faced are truely real and honest people whom I want to be friends with. The fact is, if someone is going to lie to you, don't be friends with them. They don't deserve your time, energy and friendship.

fuck 'em

No comments: